Deborah from Life in the Fast Lane has tagged me with a 10 Question Interview for which I have to answer to questions that reveal things about myself. Oh boy, is this going to be fun! Kuanyin tags it as the 5 Question Interview, but with 10 questions that have 5 answers to each, I think I will be sweating it out under torture as the information is squeezed out of me. Then it will be my delight to tag 5 other bloggers. Previous memes and linking strategies have been somewhat less personal, being able to write a contextual link to another blog. This however is more personal.
So it has taken me a little while to get around to this and if I make a fool of myself…..well who cares!! It’s a fun exercise where we get to share in the blogosphere. After all, that is what blogging is about…sharing, making new friends along the way from all four corners of a round world.
Just a moment…if the world is round how does it have four corners?
Enough of the waffle, down to business in hand.
The Instructions: Remove the blog from the top, move all blogs up one, and then add yourself to the bottom.
What were you doing 10 years ago (5 Things):
10 years ago? Heck, that’s almost a lifetime isn’t it!! And as we grow older how the memory fades hahaha. To put some perspective into this, 20 years ago I was a Head Chef/Catering Manager for a trio of night clubs which also doubled up as function suites during the day and night catering for up to 5,000 people with weddings, birthdays, Christmas parties, children’s parties, ships company dances, banquets, buffets and sit down meals. I had been working there for 4 years when I was suffering severe back pain and mobility problems and subsequently I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis and there ended my career.
So 10 years ago:
1. I was settling into a new life after my divorce a year earlier.
2. Decorating my new home and seeing my then young daughter on a daily basis.
3. Undergoing a strict regime of exercise to maintain posture and mobility, which I still continue with.
4. Messing about with computers, I like to know how things work and how to fix them when they go wrong. I was using archaic programs like Lotus 123 for word processing, I think they came straight off Noah’s Ark! It was fun and a learning curve, but so is life.
5. Writing small programs in binary code, that was fun especially when you realise that you have missed a 1 or a 0 somewhere hahaha.
What were you doing 1 year ago (5 Things):
Well my life had changed considerably, and I had moved some 40 miles away from my previous home, and got into a disastrous relationship which lasted for 3 years….out of the frying pan and into the fire lol, so I moved on and 3 years ago moved into my present home.
So 1 year ago:
1. Fitting a new kitchen for some friends after ripping the old one out and starting from scratch. I had long ago learnt my abilities and limitations so do things at a pace that works for me.
2. Seriously into computing, I even got 2 websites up and running without any training.
3. My daughter would stay with me alternate weekends, being that bit older she wanted to spend more time with her own friends, which I fully understand. She now stops over every 4th weekend, although I call her 3 or 4 times a week.
4. Digging a small area of the garden in which to put my collection of Bonsai trees.
5. Fixing other peoples computers, invariably they had no Firewalls and nothing to prevent Adware and Spyware, so I would go and sort them out and install various programs that I have tried, tested and used for several years.
Five Snacks You Enjoy:
1. Chocolate bars and chocolate wafers….who doesn’t like chocolate!
2. Bite Size cheddar biscuits.
3. Hot, spicy foods as pictured below.
4. Rich fruit cakes, home made are best.
5. Cornish Splits – small bread rolls filled with apricot jam (jelly) and clotted cream ……heavenly mmmmmmmmmmFattening maybe, but I have a problem keeping the weight on so I eat all the so-called ‘bad’ things.
Five Songs That You Know The Lyrics To:
1. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
2. Don’t Cry Daddy – Elvis
3. Guitar Man – Bread
4. Words – the BeeGees
5. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
I could list many more lol, I love music of all sorts.
Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire:
1. Donate to NASS, my favourite charity.
2. Secure my daughters future.
3. Return to Mauritius where I lived as a child, and to Malta where I was born.
4. Help those less fortunate than myself.
5. Keep on blogging!
Five Bad Habits:
I don’t have any hahaha, they are all good habits, but that’s also debatable.
1. Spend too much time on the computer.
2. Eat and blog at the same time lol(men don’t multi-task apparently!).
3. Spend too much time testing free programs related to pc security.
4. Spend too much time blogging and researching / testing..
5. Spend too much time blogging, but I love it.
Five Things You Like To Do:
1. Sit with my daughter and talk about life, growing up, changing times and much more.
2. Cook – it’s always been my passion since I first got involved in catering and I love to entertain and cook something special.
3. Visit my online friends blogs and read new posts, and also visit other blogs, often leaving comments and making new friendships.
4. Weekends – chill time, sometimes lol. If my daughter is with me we go out and about and I get dragged into the girly shops, but I don’t mind that. Other weekends spending time with my friends and calling my daughter and relatives on the phone, and go sea fishing.
5. Sit quietly and read a good book, sometimes the silence is wonderful and I live in a very quiet village and it’s nice to listen to the birds singing and the church bell ringing, the few sounds that break the silence.
Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:
1. Platform shoes – good grief that could date me couldn’t it hahaha
2. Wildly flared trousers / bellbottoms, they were enormous and it seemed to be a competition as to who had the biggest flares hahaha
3. Clothing made of 100% polyester, I’m allergic to it.
4. Brightly patterned shirts from the 70’s – did I really wear them?
5. My halo…it’s slipped and it’s either going to throttle me or trip me up lol
Five Favorite Toys:
1. Computer and related gadgets – wireless freedom and enough external backup drives for music, photos and storage!!!
2. My tackle – fishing tackle that is so stop thinking like that lol.
3. My digital camera, so many memories to capture.
4. Kitchen gadgets all with practical uses.
5. My car – it gives me the freedom to go where I want when I want.
Five Things You Hate To Do:
1. To be late for anything, especially if I’m picking my daughter up.
2. Going to bed at night, there just isn’t enough hours in the day.
3. Have heated arguments, I prefer to discuss things rationally.
4. Housework – but it is a necessary evil lol.
5. Listen to my neighbour moaning about kids, around here they are pretty good and if you say ‘hi’ to them and take the time to just generally talk with them they are fine. Hey, we were all kids once and we had fun and today they should have fun.
And to quote Deborah, I’m now passing this meme on to 5 others. Play along if you want, and if not, hey, that’s cool! If you do play along that will be wonderful and will also help to boost your ranking and traffic.