Is Windows A Virus?
Posted by cotojo on November 2, 2007
With the recent problems being encountered by Windows users, people are beginning to ask themselves if windows is a virus.
In response to the high demand for an answer to that question a study was done and reached the following conclusion:
1) Viruses replicate quickly – Windows does this.
2) Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so – Windows does this.
3) Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk – Windows does this.
4) Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems – Windows does that too.
5) Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware – Same with Windows, yet again.
6) Maybe Windows really is a virus.
Nope! There is a difference!
Viruses are well supported by their authors, are frequently updated, and tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.
So there! Windows is not a virus.